View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 01:32 PM   #57
mowtorman

Default Funny (?) Story

The air guard friend said the pilot buzzed near the Mt. Washington Observatory just for kicks and did one barrel roll just because he knew my friend was struggling don't mess with these guys !! I took my 3 little kids (at the time) to the VT Air Guard family (3,5, and7) open house. They said there was a mockup of an F-16 on public display and one of the airmen pointed at some hangars. I walked down with the kids to an open hangar with one F-16 with a tall ladder to the cockpit (These things are big). I climbed the ladder with my 5 and 7 year old one at a time in front of me and they each climbed in the cockpit. The 5 year old was in the cockpit and we hear yelling "Hey get out of there what are you doing?". Needless to say it was fully at the ready. He wasn't angry he just said that there is some type of button at the base of the seat that activates the ejection seat. If it goes off the person would get blown into the ceiling of the hangar and most likely killed. Got away with that moment but not one for the parenting hall of fame. They roped off the hangar when we walked out.
mowtorman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mowtorman For This Useful Post: