View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 08:44 PM   #36
dippasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
timeless beauty - cant agree more!

The new Corvette looks like a true Supercar, but it has lost something, and that something is timeless beauty.

And its the same across all the manufacturers, way too many bland and uninteresting designs. The are setting us up for the day when sefl-driving cars are part of the infrastructure and no one has a personal automobile.

Thats when RUSH's Red Barchetta transitions from song to real life,,, Hopefully after my time here,,,
"Down in his barn, my uncle preserved for me an old machine, for 50 odd years. To keep it as new has been his dearest dream". Outstanding car song written by Rush's now deceased drummer Neil Peart.

I've owned several old Mustangs. One was a red 66 Fastback that I restored myself and took to car shows and cruise nights. One day at a car show a little boy (maybe 4-5 years old) holding his Dad's hand walks up to my car and says "Dad....look....a Mustang". Everyone, young, old, knows a Mustang, a Corvette, a 442, a Nova etc. I doubt, 25 years from now a 5 year old will look at a Honda Accord (nice car don't get me wrong) and say "Look Dad...a Honda Accord". I'm a car guy and I can hardly tell any of the cars apart today. They just don't stir the senses much anymore