View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 09:25 AM   #18
joann721

Default You Wont Believe This One !!!

This past Saturday afternoon after our first beautiful day on the lake for the summer we returned to Center Harbor to trailer the boat. We have a 19 ft crownline bowrider. We noticed that we were probably 4th or 5th in line for a slip. My husband refuses to pull up to the 10 minute dock because he has to tie up go get the jeep / trailer and wait in line to get the boat out so we "wait" for a real slip- because he is courteous. So we waited... probably 15 - 20 minutes. When our turn finally came...this guy in a small wooden motor boat came out of no where and pulled right in front of us and into the slip... my husband yelled "HEY" what are you crazy... the guy said "NO I AM A RESIDENT- I PAY TAXES... DONT LIKE IT TOUGH".. . I thought my husbands head was going to explode.. not just the words but the way the way the guy said it... Thankfully... when we finally got a slip about 10 minutes later the guy was no where to be seen...

ps- Center Harbor docks could use some patroling....people pull up to the 10 minute dock and just sit there- the people who take the money- and are there working- do nothing while people walk across the street to the grocery / liquor store... and people going in and out of the launch have to go around them... in center harbor on weekends it is a real mess...

thanks for letting me vent... "it was still an awesome day" ....
joann721 is offline   Reply With Quote