View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 06:10 PM   #34
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
The President became a distant "friend" of sorts because of the problems. When we went to lunch I asked questions and pointed out things on their boats that I thought could be better, from a consumers point of view. Seven years later, while at the New Your Boat Show, I ran into him and he was still extremely friendly and personable. About 5 years after that, I ran into him at the Miami Boat Show and he was still the same guy. A real people person. He has since retired but he was a real credit to the company.

Subsequent to that boat, I bought four more of that brand of boat. While I have no knowledge of the costs of the flights and hospitality I would guess they were still ahead financially from selling me boats.

As an interesting side note when we landed in Cadillac Michigan (Big hint) I was met by the two warranty people who wouldn't talk to me two weeks before that. They took me to the motel and waited to take me out to dinner. I was thinking: How is this possible? Two weeks ago they wouldn't take my phone calls, now they are carrying my luggage!
Still makes no sense to me as to why it's such a big secret. It makes me wonder if it's just a made up story you like to tell to impress other people... I have a brother in law just like that, (which makes me skeptical)... No big deal, I don't really care, was just curious.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cal Coon For This Useful Post: