View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 06:35 AM   #94
Susie Cougar

Major, I’m sorry that your son lost his job. My oldest son(45) is without a job now. He was going to fulfill a lifelong dream and walk the Appalachian Trail this year. He quit his job the end of February in preparation for starting his trek after Easter. Not only is he without a job, he does not qualify for unemployment insurance.
I’m glad that your mother is able to deal with her fears better than I am. But she has the benefit of living with your dad so she has someone to talk to which I do not. I feel like I’m in solitary confinement.

At some point I realize that my son who is in Tampa and working will be able to come down and visit me. However, my daughter had arranged a trip to Disney for my birthday at the end of May. My whole family was supposed to be there. Of course this has been canceled for quite a while now. And I do not see how in the near future my children will be able to fly down and see me at any point.
I certainly am glad that there is FaceTime but it is not the same as having real companionship.
The Following User Says Thank You to Susie Cougar For This Useful Post: