View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 03:52 PM   #110
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
What would this graphic (cross-posted in "when will it end") look like without social distancing? And, let's imagine that the numbers are skewed 25% based on your conspiracy theory, it's STILL crazy when thinking about how much America has done to stop the spread. And, yesterday—the day after the graphic was made—there look to be another 1800+ deaths, so the trend isn't over yet. https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/1812248/

Personally, given NH's very low numbers, I feel very disconnected and safe—friends of mine around the country who are much closer to "hot spots" are feeling much differently.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
There's a couple problems with your "graph". First, covid 19 is just like you said, it's a "TREND", which means you cannot compare it to other causes of death that happen every day, year round, year after year. What will happen to covid 19 if you include it in this graph permanently, like all the other causes of death??? It will drop to the bottom like a rock, so you're not being "fair" to the graph when you compare covid 19 during it's PEAK to the rest of the other causes of death!! Nice try though!! Second, we will never know the answer to what this graph would have looked like due to social distancing. It's not something that can ever be measured, so we will never know. Although, maybe the only way to find out is to get the country back to work asap, get the unemployment rate back down to 3%, get the roaring economy back, and if this virus makes a comeback in the fall like some are already predicting, we will just continue to work through it, and we can compare the number of death's while we worked through it, compared to when we were shut down. How's that sound? Also, I'm just wondering Think, what is the conspiracy theory you refer too?