View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 05:51 PM   #51
Merrymeeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Your facts are wrong. The number of deaths worldwide for H1N1 is 151,700 to 575,400. The number infected is 700,000,000 to 1,400,000,000. Get your facts straight! To date, the raw numbers of the Chinese coronavirus do not come close to H1N1.

Is anyone worried about 10,000,000 filing for unemployment in two short weeks? This amount is unprecedented. And, unfortunately, it's the tip of the iceberg.
I would ask you to re-read what I posted. We agree on the facts (without exclamation point). The numbers you cite are documented in many studies done, most years after the H1N1 epidemic had run it's course (see just one that I referenced). These studies also point out that the models and assumptions they use can most likely be applied to similar virus strains. So, to try to compare apples to apples, my facts stay strickly to actual, documented deaths, as certified by WHO, CDC, and others. (In your posts, it would help if you would occasionally reference the sources of your data).

I've actually been informed by many of the points in your posts, and they have given me pause to think. Am I worried about the economic side of this? Absolutely! My future retirement and health and well-being of my offspring depend on it. I'm also terrified about the future impact of the debt that we already had, magnified by the current actions. It may surprise you to hear that several of those offspring share many of your views.

I'll continue to try to see all sides of the arguments, including within family, and continue hope for the best for all of us.