View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 09:57 AM   #9
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post

--I have been in technology sales for my entire career. Every year, all of the big tech companies, (Oracle, Dell, Fujitsu, etc), have their major customer events that attract thousands, (tens of thousands, in some cases), people. Corona has caused these to go virtual this year, and I believe that trend will continue.

--Video calls/video conferencing will boom. Business travel for sales calls, meetings, etc will decrease dramatically.

--Same for education. Why do kids have to be physically in school for 180 days? (public school). What is so magical about 180 days? This shift will be slower due to unions, etc, but education will move to online/virtual as well.

--Schools/companies that do not adopt technology to facilitate the above will be left in the dust.

--This may be the catalyst that the world needs to further clean up the environment. The "before-and-after" smog pictures from large cities around the world since everyone has been home is dramatic.

I could go on and on, but you get the picture. Historians will look back on this time as one which changed the world.
Yes and no.

While all this stuff is great, it is also very expensive. Many want it, heck even just expect it, but don't want to hear a break down of the costs which can be staggering and to a small business or rural community prohibitively expensive.