View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 09:50 AM   #9
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Last night I believe many stations, cut away from the briefing when it became clear that it was not going to be a briefing about the covid-19 pandemic. Right wrong or indifferent.

I was a little disappointed, last night when what was publicized as a covid-19 task force update, turned in another direction and publicized what was being done to wage the war on drugs even while the pandemic was running rapid. However there was an undying message, which was look we are not stopping other initiatives, while we focus on covid-19.

I think they should have announced at the beginning that what they wanted to do was brief the public on other government initiative, that they care continuing to push forward amid the covid-19 pandemic.
That is exactly the reason networks cut away. The conference was scheduled as a Coronavirus conference and many, including me, have been impressed with the quality of the information ( although the heaped praise required by the President is a little off-putting). The work of the military, in particular the Southern Command, is exemplary and a discussion of the interdiction efforts are valid areas of public interest.

BUT, no honest person really can believe that leading the scheduled Coronavirus conference with the interdiction effort was anything other than a political ploy to further the Presidents re-election.

The networks did return to coverage when the coverage was not a “bait and switch.”

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post: