Thread: Massachusetts
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 02:39 AM   #31
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Default Anyone remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMI Guy View Post
As a solid independent, I worry about every character flaw or health concern for any candidate: lack of honesty, lack of empathy, decreased mental acuity, an aversion to taking responsibility, an unwillingness or inability to work for the greater good, personality disorders, etc. just to name a few. No matter who the candidate is.

Do you remember when, on September 7, 1988, in a speech to the American Legion, George H.W. Bush said "Today is Pearl Harbor Day..."? Was this just a slip of the tongue? Evidence of declining mental acuity? Something else? Who really knows. He was Vice-President at the time and running for President, with the election two months away. He won that election, so I guess a lot of people were willing to overlook the historical error for whatever reason. There is no such thing as a perfect person, so there will never be a perfect president. The question is, how much imperfection are we willing to allow in someone who is entrusted with great power and great responsibility?
The Vt. governor who ran for president- on stage (after what I guess had been a good day in the polls) jumping up and down, yelling, ranting, cheering to "his team"?

Killed his run.
The Following User Says Thank You to JEEPONLY For This Useful Post: