View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 08:45 AM   #223
Biggd

Thanked 1,075 Times in 680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick26 View Post
We are now “stuck in the middle” - I do believe the social distancing will help reduce the pandemic, but coming around to the idea that the way this has been dragged out thus far could have been better. I don’t think reverting back at this point makes sense, but I am very concerned on the economic effect for years to come. I’ve talked to dozens of friends that own small businesses and this is going to be crippling for them and will trickle down and effect many others. I don’t have a solution, but I do hope in the next week or so we see things flatten out and maybe start to get back to regular life before people become rebellious and we have a mutiny on our hands. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree we have to get the economy back up and running. We are 9 days into the 15 days of the social distancing order and after the 15 days hopefully we have given the health care industry time to catch up and get ahead of the overload so we don't end up like Italy.
I have a daughter that is an RN and she is sacrificing her health night and day to help people get through this. She is working 24/7 but she's not going to be rich when this is all over. Hopefully she doesn't have to quarantine because of not having enough PP&E to protect herself. There are people sacrificing to keep people safe, not for money.
Anyone that believes in "thinning the herd" for the benefit of the masses should do us all a favor and remove themselves from the equation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post: