View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 08:24 AM   #219
erick26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
But all of your posts make it clear that you value wealth over health in this instance. I think you are wrong to do so, but I recognize that there are many people who will suffer economically, including many who will not have enough to eat--this is already happening in the UK as food banks are bare. I am on the board of a nonprofit that is struggling to maintain support for several thousand people as our supply chain is disrupted.

This is a situation where there is no attractive alternative--each of us is forced to to choose a price to pay. More isolation likely means fewer deaths. Less isolation likely means more hungry people. Both sides need to own up to the sacrifices their positions imply

We are now “stuck in the middle” - I do believe the social distancing will help reduce the pandemic, but coming around to the idea that the way this has been dragged out thus far could have been better. I don’t think reverting back at this point makes sense, but I am very concerned on the economic effect for years to come. I’ve talked to dozens of friends that own small businesses and this is going to be crippling for them and will trickle down and effect many others. I don’t have a solution, but I do hope in the next week or so we see things flatten out and maybe start to get back to regular life before people become rebellious and we have a mutiny on our hands. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk