View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 02:44 PM   #51
panjumbie

Since someone asked, I took my numbers from the New York Times which quoted Governor Cuomo. They are now considerably out of date, less than a day later.

Here is the latest link to the Times, scroll down to the part on case numbers for the current totals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/n...#link-36e2b5a5

( I hope I put the link in correctly...)

So New York State is shutting down everything except essential activities. I'm 77 and I'm supposed to wear a mask if I go outside, but I have no idea where I'd get one and I do have to get food to eat.

I'm considering wearing the facemask I had for wearing in potentially asbestos contaminated areas. I'm sure it is really the wrong cartridge, but better than nothing. I suspect I'd get some very strange looks wearing that into the supermarket!

If you don't like the Times or my data, you have the same access to the Internet as I and are welcome to search for whatever data you are happy with. I guess if you search the New York TV stations, you can find video of the Governor's press conferences and watch them yourself.

Personally, based on what I've heard and seen, I'll take Governor Cuomo's word much more than I'll take what I hear from the Executive branch in Washington.