View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 01:11 PM   #4
Andromeda321

I read an article yesterday from a reputable source stating there is reason to believe we will have more than one period of social distancing over the next 18 months. This will probably be the longest and hardest, but until you get that herd immunity or a vaccine there is a decent chance it will have to happen again once people get out and start getting in contact with each other more so the virus can spread anew. (The article noted that the other solution would be to have the virus die out now, and close all borders for a year, but that is not realistic in the current world.)

So, with that, I don't know if lake life will completely shut down because people will be happy to socialize while they can- I could also imagine places like NH being popular because I think people will plan summer vacations closer to home in case the virus comes back. (Like, if you're in Boston you're much more likely to book a place at Weirs Beach than an Alaskan cruise or Euro-trip this year!) But it's impossible to know how long this current period will last until we can actually test to have an idea of how many cases there are in the USA.

Btw, I say this as someone who was supposed to get married this July and host several European family members at the lake. NOT the best year for that! But my fingers are still crossed for a reprieve this summer with everything (and maybe some good deals for the honeymoon).
The Following User Says Thank You to Andromeda321 For This Useful Post: