View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 08:54 AM   #23
Major

Thanked 1,014 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
I don’t believe wishful thinking ever cured or prevented a viral infection.

I don’t really know much about boats or fishing or local government; but training as a scientist and physician, I am saddened by the misinformation and denial of some on this thread.

There is much that we do not know about this virus and only fools have certainty; but there is enough known that any responsible individual should have serious concerns about it.

Of course, there are legitimate differences of opinion about it and each individual may choose how to deal with it. But facts do matter.
Let me ask you a legitimate question. Did you feel the same way as you do now when the H1N1 virus was running rampant? It remains to be seen with the coronavirus, but by any standard, H1N1 was an equivalent threat, certainly with respect to numbers infected. You may quibble about death rates, but not all the information is available. The death rate may be far less than the reported death rate since not all cases are accounted for.

My guess is that you did not feel the same way about H1N1. Why? Because of media and social media.

I am a responsible person and only my wife thinks I'm a fool since she knows me best! I refuse to give into scare tactics. You have your right to believe what you believe, and I have my right to believe what I believe. Just because we differ, that doesn't mean I'm irresponsible or a fool.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: