View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 04:56 PM   #6
Major

Thanked 1,014 Times in 422 Posts
Default My view on the Coronavirus

I am a co-manager of a law firm in Boston. We have about 65 employees. We have been pressed to have a detailed plan to deal with the coronavirus. Employees are also asking to work from home. I sent my co-managers an email this morning titled "Context and Perspective." Here's what I said --

"From Wikipedia - 'In June 2009, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the new strain of swine-origin H1N1 as a pandemic. This novel virus spread worldwide and had caused 18,500 laboratory-confirmed deaths with an estimated 151,700 to 575,400 deaths total by August of 2010.'

"I could be a wiseass and say, “let’s roll out our plan that we used to address the H1N1 virus back in 2009.” Millions effected, and hundreds of thousands dead. To the best of my knowledge, we did NOTHING. I am not saying that we should not be reasonably prepared, especially when there are things out of our control. But the Coronavirus is a media driven event meant to cause panic. Let’s have some perspective on this and not overreact. I think we should stay the course and take our cues from the CDC and Massachusetts health officials."

This is a media driven crisis. Personally, I would not miss an event because of this so-called crisis, especially if you are under 70 years old.

To answer your question, the NH Boat Show isn't too busy that you cannot find time to speak with someone. You should be all set.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: