View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 12:14 PM   #48
Newbiesaukee

We had dinner last evening at Kevin's. Crab cakes Maryland Style were the only crab cakes I have had outside of Maryland which really were authentic ( and I am a native Marylander). Lump crab meat and just the right mix of bread and spices. This huge appetizer ( $8) also came with a salad and balsamic vinegarette. My wife had shrimp stuffed with feta cheese, basil and pinenuts. Four large shrimp, angel hair pasta with lemon butter sauce and assorted vegetables....yum. I had red snapper with maple bourbon sauce, wild rice and fresh green beans with almonds. Fish was perfect. Dessert included an apple walnut pie with caramelized crust, baked by Kevin. Fantastic and they added ice cream to top the warm pie! He does everything but wait the tables; fortunately the friendly enthusiastic server did this. Entrees ranged from 16-23 dollars. Portions are large and beautifully presented. He is also open for breakfast and lunch. The lunch menu is large and interesting. Cannot recommend the restaurant more strongly. I have no connection in any way to Kevin or his staff. Prices are at the upper/average for the area, but are an excellent value considering the quality ingredients and the care the chef adds to his work.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote