View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 05:30 PM   #7
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerunh View Post
Everything depends on how bad you want the boat.

It is spring and prime buying/selling season. You can always try to make an offer for 75%-85% of their asking price and see what happens.

In my opinion you would be in a much better negotiating position if it was September or October or the middle of winter. They probably aren't looking to give anything away right now.
I agree 100% with depending on how bad you want this boat. It is a sellers market this time of year, and it could go quick. If you have certain criteria you want in a boat, and this boat meets it, I would buy it, (as long as it's not ridiculously overpriced). If it doesn't meet all your criteria, but you would buy it for the "right" price, then you can be a little more flexible, make an offer, and continue to look if it doesn't work out. Many, many factors to consider when buying a boat. One of the thing's you need to ask yourself is, "is the type of boat I'm looking for a common type of boat, readily available to purchase somewhere, or is it a unique, and "hard to find" style of a boat I don't want to be to picky about", or somewhere in-between!! Decisions, decisions, decisions... Good Luck.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote