View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 03:58 PM   #13
Major

Thanked 1,014 Times in 422 Posts
Default Winnisquam Marine on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofnaud View Post
I don't have my 2017 contract handy, it did go up slightly, but not by cited $1000 (that I would have raised an eyebrow at).

As other said, some uptick is to be expected as the new owners are actually using that money to increase condition of the place. The docks needed a lot of work, the buildings need a lot of work.
Last year, new customers were enticed to valet through Channel Marine for a rate of $2,000. My contract was for that rate. We understood that the rate would go to $2,500 in 2018. After the sale to WOW, they reevaluated the $2,500 rate, and increased it to $3,000. Thus, explaining the $1,000 difference.

We called a number of local marinas, and ended up staying with WOW. All of them, except for Meredith Marina, were around $3,000 for the valet service portion of the service. Meredith Marina was about $2,400, but we were uncomfortable with the parking and the sort of chaotic look of the boat yard. Also, our boat would have been stored outside, whereas it's stored inside at WOW.
Major is offline   Reply With Quote