View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 08:18 PM   #71
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusMan
Well, Broadhooper... you can disagree all you want, but you and your friend on Webster Lake would still be wrong. There is a state-wide speed limit in Massachusetts.... 45 MPH. Been there for a while.

Oh, but you say there are boats that still exceed the limit?? How can that be??? It's against the law?? Therein lies the problem... enforcement.

Webster Lake may be the most heavily patrolled lake in Massachusetts. State Marine Patrol and Local police departments both have officers on the lake all the time... in marked and unmarked watercraft yet still, the speed limit is exceeded. Morons are everywhere... new laws won't change that.

Gusman
Because Mass. do not have a safe passage law, I don't feel safe at all. Even on Webster Lake, I get water spray by each passing boat! I fell far safer on Lake Winnie because of the safe passage law. Not because of the speed limit.
There is another lake I am familiar with on the Mass., NH border. The are so many young kids on Long Pond with PWC's, it feels like the Wild West. So where are the law enforcements?????

That is what I am trying to point out. How can we add new laws if the NH MP does not have the manpower to enfoce the existing laws????