View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 02:39 PM   #60
Airwaves

Quote:
Originally posted by Acres per Second:
I don't know either, but it's the same "up-to-date" source as Lt. Dunleavy's "Speed doesn't kill" statement!

"Lesser" boats are staying home, particularly on holiday weekends. I couldn't find a single gasoline-free boat in this July 4th aerial. http://www.lakesregionaerials.com/boat_traffic.htm

They're staying home folks, and that's why Winnipesaukee is "safer" today.
I pointed out in another post that Lt. Dunleavy never made a statement that said "Speed doesn't kill"! What Lt. Dunleavy said in the newspaper article was
Quote:
"“Few boating accidents in the state are caused by speeding, according to the New Hampshire Marine Patrol.
Of 269 accidents recorded from 2000 through 2004, only 19 (7 percent) involved boats exceeding the proposed limits, according to Marine Patrol Lt. Tim Dunleavy. None of the accidents resulted in fatalities."
As for not giving an estimate on the number of boats on the lake on teh 4th of July? Who cares? Quite frankly I wouldn't give one either, even based on those photos, since I can't be certain when and where they were taken.

Quote:
Originally posted by Acres per Second
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves
They were were pretty bad, I wouldn't go out on weekends. Do the stats coincide with the NH boating education course? I Don't know, do they? So what where the stats prior to 2000? Do the homework yourself. Look them up!

For comparative statistics, it would be preferable to cite the identical source as yours—though the source is cited nowhere here. Are they on the Internet
Check out post #3 on this thread, it even provides a link.

Quote:
Originally posted by Acres per Second
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves
Actually the waters in NH ARE safer now than they were ten years ago! Why? BOATER EDUCATION! If you will go back and review even the past 5 years in the CG address that I provided you will see the number of accidents and fatalies in NH falling, I directly attribute that to BOATER EDUCATION!

Thank you for your opinion.

How bad was boating prior to this selective five-year search? The years coincide nicely with the boater education program, BTW.

(I think there are fewer boats on the big lake today primarily because it's become an open race course for entitled speedboaters.)
You're welcome for my opinion.

I find it confusing that your post has such a negative tone to the benefits of boater education. I can't believe that you'd be happier if the trend of accidents were going in the other direction