View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 05:43 PM   #33
tis

Thanked 1,390 Times in 964 Posts

Since you refer to Capt. Dunleavy as Tim, you must know him, so why don't you just call him and ask him if you will be stopped for making a wake doing 6MPH? Also ask if they do take people to court and MP does win. I know what he told ME. I wish he would chime in here. The 6MPH rule was because of currents mostly for the ocean when you need to maintain steerage. Weirs Channel may require that at times in parts of it.

We really do have to agree to disagree because I see plenty of boats obeying the law and not making any appreciable wake. The water is almost dead flat behind a lot of boats obeying the law. I just don't think there are that many boats that need to make a wake. People just don't want to slow down.

I would hate to have posts such as yours make people think that they can make a wake going 6 MPH and get in trouble for it. According to what I was told it isn't a good defense. I wonder if the MP officers really know all the laws now? It seems it is a very different force than before.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote