View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 03:02 PM   #12
8gv

I recently spoke to Verizon to seek a solution to my now slow cellular data.

I have had a recent change to the "unlimited" data plan.

Phone displays "LTE".

I would like to stream video on my phone and also my iPad using my phone's personal hot spot feature. This has worked well for me until recently.

After quite a lot of effort on the part of the Vz tech support person it was suggested that I purchase a "Network Extender" for $250 to solve the problem.

Here is a link to what the tech suggested would cure the problem:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/acce...nder-scs-2u01/

As much as I was dissatisfied with a solution that requires ME to spend $250 to solve VERIZON's problem, I was curious and read up on the item.

IT REQUIRES A CONNECTION TO ANOTHER WIFI SOURCE!

So...

To solve the poor performance of Vz's LTE, I am directed to spend $250 for a device which connects via my home wifi?

Why the hell would I not just use my home wifi as wifi?

The whole conversation and trial and error testing lead to no improvement. The only option offered is basically to not use Vz's LTE "unlimited" cellular data for which I pay dearly.

My to do list is beckoning so this issue will have to wait but there will be a better resolution.

It has been suggested on this forum that Vz may have bitten off more than it can chew by offering unlimited plans. At this point I consider this to be the case. I am a customer, not a beta tester. Vz's performance promises refer to speeds "up to xxx". The delta between promised and delivered is great enough to be actionable.
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote