View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 03:06 PM   #14
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
So my neighbor has a '07 FW 260 H and doesn't really have a swim platform per se as it is integrated in the boat but it is about 2' in length thereabouts. His boat is def longer than my '14 260 not considering my platform but maybe by about a foot or so if you measure from tip of bow to end of "usable" boat. I lost a capacity of one person (from 14 to 13) so you can make your own mind up. Gauging from performance , style and look, I'll take my '14 but certainly caveat emptor re length.
One last point, the difference if safety margin of my '14 to older models cannot be overemphasized. I was crazy careful with my five kids as they were in their formative ages when we had the '02. NOT a terribly safe design and now you'd have to go out of your way to have an accident with the outdrive NOT that I would council anything but extreme caution when operating these boats. We've all read the heartache and danger that accompanies anything but total vigilance.
i have a 96 four wins 240 horizon (bow rider) it is a 24ft obviously with an integrated swim platform as part of the transom it measures pretty close to 24ft, I have to measure specifically, but the rear end of the boat under water does sit out a little outside of the swim platform, so I would say it depends on the manufacture, but I wish there was a standard, because like you I see boats that are 26 ft per manufacturer spec and yet the there is far less room