View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 08:52 AM   #2
Biggd

Thanked 1,075 Times in 680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Yesterday afternoon I was driving my boat back to park at our docking spot at Pier 19. As I approached the docks, there was a boat in front of me looking lost. They finally decided to pull in towards the gas area and started waving to friends on shore. I shouted several times to try and ask if they were looking for public docking or to get gas. Completely ignored. They ended up getting too close to the gas pump area to let the person leaving get out. This driver had no clue how to control his boat and eventually caused the boat leaving the gas pump area to scrape his boat along the back of a docked boat. Needless to say, both drivers had words for each other.

The wreckless boat didn't know how to pull into the gas dock area to pick up their friends. They ended up sticking the bow of the boat towards the dock, had the gas attendant hold the rope as their guests boarded.

Worst boating I've seen in years. Tried to talk to the boat driver but they had left by the time I had tied up.

All this happened after taking my kids tubing and had two boats fly by at full speed between me and another boat that was a little over a 150' away from me. You wonder why I don't go boating after 10 am on weekends!
I avoid Winni on weekends altogether. I go to the lake to avoid the stress of traffic but it seems to be Just as bad as Mass on weekends on the road and the water.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote