View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 11:48 AM   #20
Phantom

To All:

This just might get me blackballed here - but here goes--

I find the restaurant threads quite informative (most times). As one who only gets to enjoy the Lake seasonally (for the last 18+ years) it provides a "preview of comming attractions" of sorts ...... ownership changes (that I would not otherwise be aware of), likes/dislikes of it's patrons, and new ventures (Kevin's as case in point) to try in the coming season and much more.

What I can't quite frankly stand is when one, two or more forum members -- and I am not directing this to any particular screen names-- attempt to hold a "Chat" session in a "FORUM".

I believe it is okay for someone not to like a particular restaurant be it bad service, food, atmosphere --- whatever. I have had them, we all have -- as well as the good. The point is - this is an excellant place to state ones "opinion/experiance" with the reasoning/ rationale that brought that opinion - post it - and be done with it!!!

I just hate it when these threads turn into something well beyond there intent --- a la the Canoe thread (which in my humble opinion) got way out of hand.

This is a good place to share experiances Good & Bad -- do so and move on!

Phantom steps off his soap box and prepares to be flogged by the masses
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote