View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 06:39 PM   #14
Sandy Island fan

Default Sandy Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoskeys View Post
Im looking into Sandy Island family camp for a family reunion(6 families, 29 people). It looks fantastic, but when adding up the per person cost listed on the site, the totla bill came to $21,770! Seems like a lot?! I emailed them aksing if they have group discounts.

Any thouhts?
I'm not optimistic that Sandy Island would be able to accommodate your group during the summer. Most of our campers have been coming for many years - som 40, 50 60 years! They typically register to come before they leave the previous summer holding their spot. We have a return rate in the 90% range, so not a lot of openings.

We do have some openings for new campers, especially at the start and end of the season and Labor Day weekend. But getting 29 people into one week would likely be challenging. I'm sorry to be the bearer of that news. As a 20 year volunteer/weekend staff, I love the place, and love to share the magic of the place with others. Not sure who you emailed, but I will pm you with a number, just in case there is something the registrar can do. You never know....

As for the rates, they do include everything - transport to and from, lodging, three meals (and our chef is amazing!), organized activities available from 7 am to 10 or 11 pm, lifeguarded waterfront as well as beach area, canoes, sailboats and kayaks to use, staffed activities for children 3 years and older for three hours each morning, tennis courts, softball field, basketball/volleyball, disc golf course, etc...etc...etc... The only thing you pay additional for is what you might spend in the store for snacks, tee shirts and the like, and any thing you do in the craft shop (tie dye is Huge!!) oh, and if you want a massage from a local massage therapist, that you pay for directly.

As was said, it's not unreasonable for all you get!
Sandy Island fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy Island fan For This Useful Post: