Thread: Prop Advice
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 07:01 PM   #3
Top-Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post

****No clue on pitch, etc.****

My brother in law has the same boat only a newer model and I think has the volvo engine. His is much faster and efficient, but also a smaller model. His prop is one of the dual blade stainless steel props.
A tough question to answer for a variety of reasons, but you might have some luck getting some help, by first finding out exactly what your "brother in laws" boat has and compare as much information as possible. I'd start with engine horsepower, hull & engine weight, prop diameter, pitch and blade style.

As mentioned his boat is a little different than yours but you would have "some" information that you could compare against each other.

You might even try calling "Four Winns" for recommendations, after twenty two years they might have some information that could steer you in the right direction or even offer a loaner propeller to try (most likely with a deposit if returned un-damaged).

It could save you a lot of time and money guessing. Many boat manufacturers are reasonably helpful with things like this. Initial investment is not much more than a phone call to see if any improved prop designs are available specifically for your boat and motor combination.
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote