View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 07:57 PM   #25
salty dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Test #4: Saturday afternoon at Patrician Shores. Wind approximately 10 mph, outside edge, choppy. The 8# set as quickly and tightly as the 13#, using 3:1 scope (35' rode in 11' water) but definitely pulled up easier and was much easier to handle. Were there for just under three hours with no drift.

Swing was a little different--tried the new 2# and it swung a bit at first, but I'd only thrown the anchor to see just how good it might be and the ~2:1 rode didn't hold at all. When wifey swam it out 30' (3:1) it held for the rest of the time. Not convinced on the 2# yet, so we'll give that a couple more tries using the 'drop bow, drop stern, pull bow taut' method instead of just throwing it (or set it manually with the right scope).

At this point, we have a few options: do the 13# and 8# for bow and stern; 8# and 2# (today's setup); or 8# for bow and pick up another 8# for the stern. I really like the size and maneuverability of the 8# and 2#, but that pairing will need a bit more testing to confirm the 8# holds as well as it did today and that the 2# is adequate for the stern.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
That sounds very promising. I'd say based on those results, the #8 will be fine for me under most circumstances. We leave next Friday for 11 days and I hope to have it by then.
(nice sky shot in 1st photo)