View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 10:45 AM   #16
radiocontester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
ITD.... I respectfully disagree.

Boat engines unlike car engines do no not have multi-speed transmissions. This means they are under constant loading. They don't ever coast even when idling. 1700 hours on a boat motor is a lot of hours. Quite frankly I am surprised it made it this far without major repair. Kudos to Water Camper!

The reality is, the boat is worth between $5k & $6K tops (NADA). Sinking a bunch of $$$ into engine work (rebuild or replace engine, coupler, etc) or other work (gas tank, transom, stringers, floor) still leaves you with a $5K - $6K boat.

If you like the boat and are going to keep it forever... spend the $$. You will never recover the investment. If not get rid of it now and move on to another boat.

Woodsy
I'm sure the 5K to 6K NADA reference does not take into account the engine repair. A prospective buyer would insist the sale price reflect that....which in this case the boat value would end up being between valued between 1k and 2k.

Watercamper: Given your situation I suggest selling it as-is and moving on.......
radiocontester is offline   Reply With Quote