Thread: Azure Marine
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 10:29 PM   #17
boaterjanie

I bought the Cruiser Sports 258 from Channel a couple of years ago. Cruiser Yachts (a yacht company) wanted to quickly break into the runabout business. They purchased Azure and, as someone above mentions, the engineers from Azure left Crownlike to start their own company. Check them out at www.cruiseryachts.com. I test drove a Cobalt, Bryant, Crownline and Formula before purchasing. Mine has the deep-V, duo prop, mercruiser 300 HP... I believe it handled Winni better then the Cobalt, Crownline and Bryant. The 25 foot Crownline also seemed sluggish to me. I was not please with the Bryant... and the Formula was awesome, but could see spending an extra $25K as I truly could not feel a difference in acceleration, agility and bumpiness. My boat handles the broads excellently, jumps out of the hole smoothly and quickly. At first, I hated the huge swim platform off the back, but love it, now. I hated the look (at first), but it is very practical and I actually like the look more, now. All new boats have their issues... I had a dealer tell me that most new boats are only 85%. This was a Formula salesperson. It takes a summer to go back to the marina and work out some of the little nagging things. Anyhow, I enjoy my Cruiser Sport 258 and would recommend one.
boaterjanie is offline   Reply With Quote