Thread: Pontoon boats
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 10:50 AM   #6
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Hello Hillcountry,

Having owned three tritoons on Winni, I'll make the following recommendations for you...

#1. Get a tri-toon, they are way more stable and give a much better ride. Trade in and resale will be better if you ever decide to trade up.

#2. Don't go smaller than 22' and 24' would be better.

#3. Get as much horsepower as you can afford but do not go any less than 115 HP. I never heard anyone complain about having too much power but have heard plenty wish after the fact that they had spent the money on the extra horsepower.

#4. Don't be pressured into buying "what's on the lot". Take your time and build your boat the way you want it with options and a layout that fits your needs. Almost every boat manufacturer's website has a "build your boat" feature which I highly recommend using.

As far as brands and quality difference, I think you will hear differing opinions from everyone...whatever they bought they like and that is understandable. What you should do is go out to the marinas and see the difference for yourself. I personally have owned a Manitou, Premier and currently have a Bennington. Each one of these brands had their strengths.

I will recommend Winnisquam marine as a place you should check out. I have bought three boats from them in the past couple years and can't say enough good about my experience there as well as their service after the sale.

Good luck!

Dan
I agree with everything ishoot308 stated, but I would also recommend looking at the Harris tritoon. We absolutely love our Harris. They sell them at Melvin Marina. We had our boat built exactly the way we wanted. We also had Ship Shape make us individual seat covers so we we do not have to totally cover it all the time.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post: