View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 01:13 PM   #15
CateP

Default Thank You

Thanks everyone for the excellent advice. I called the Wolfeboro FD the minute we found the leak and oil spill. They came right out and put Speedy Dry on the spill.

The next day I called All Brite in Gilford and they came out right away with a hydro(?) fan. It got the air moving out of the house. I called my insurance company and the oil company. Slow moving for a day or two. Then I called David Degler at DES and things started to roll. Oil company insurance company called and visited. A full oil spill remediation company came to the house first thing this morning and met with DES and the oil company insurance rep. Lots of trucks on site. CYN Environmental is doing a great job of fixing this spill. They are the ones to call for something like this.

Everything that had fuel on it is being removed and replaced including cement blocks that held furnace and water heater. Wood wall stud on floor also removed and eventually replaced when treatment is done. . My basement floor is made of cement and fiberglass so they are not jack hammering it out. They are treating with industrial hydrogen peroxide and then sealing it. (The floor should actually be better than before)

This has been a huge lesson in household fuel oil spills. Much of the advice on this thread is correct, so if anyone else ever has this problem, this thread will be a good reference.

Thanks again everyone. Very much appreciated.
CateP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CateP For This Useful Post: