View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 06:40 PM   #29
KDL

Very good points.

We have been anchoring in "Springfield Cove" for the past 16 years. A few things we have noted over the years:

This cove is quiet. Very rarely do you hear much more than people enjoying the lake. On rare occasions someone will over do the music. I agree with the property owners that this can be disruptive. There should already be rules on the books to deal with this nuisance. As always, it's a few that spoil it for the rest.
We have never witnessed trash left behind from boats. Not saying it never happens but I doubt it's a common occurrence.
The area we anchor in has a rocky bottom. We are not disturbing the lake bottom or spreading milfoil with our anchors.
I do grill on our boat. As far as I know that is not prohibited.
I would question the claim that property owners are blocked in at their docks.
If that does happen I would think a call to MP would resolve that in a hurry.
I might suggest to some property owners that they review the no wake and headway speed rules for when they do leave their docks.

If any of the complaints from the property owners are true, I sympathize with them and hope every one of them is addressed. All of the complaints can be dealt with with laws already on the books. I do hope the petition for the NRZ fails. Regardless of the outcome, I will continue to anchor in Springfield Cove.
KDL is offline   Reply With Quote