View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 10:55 PM   #57
Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Lover
What we keep telling you is that the performance boat was traveling at a speed greater than the proposed limit. The type of boat is of far less importance.
Seems to me you ALWAYS had to emphasize the fact that it WAS a performance boat , not just a boat. Because that is what YOU want to get rid of. The vast majority of power boats can probably do an estimated 28 mph. A 14' aluminum rowboat with 25hp outboard will do 28 mph
And let us not forget it was an estimated speed not a clocked or radared speed.
And why didn't the MP stop him before he took off into the darkness and the security if a boat house. Oh yeah , they weren't there. Which means they couldn't have done much about him speeding anyway.
Most every hit and run I've ever heard of involved alcohol which strangely enough is very hard , if not impossible to prove the next day when these poor little lambs turn them selves in , lawyer in tow
Speed was not the determining factor and for an estimated extra 3 mph wouldn't have made much difference but you have certainly worked it for all it's worth and that's just as low in my IMHO.
I had a coworker , who was jogging , killed by a H&R driver and the story could have been the Hartman/Littlefield story. Lots of witnesses but NO blood/alcohol test from that night. "Oh , I thought I hit a street sign" , was the guys story.
Don't get me wrong here , I have no problem with night time speed limits. There's been many times I wouldn't even do beyond headway speed , but speed limits are NOT the answer.