View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 09:29 AM   #52
ApS

Question WHAT lake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy
I stand by my post... Lake George does not have a 150' safe passage law. They have a 100' safe passage law, that as you so nicely pointed out only applies to shorelines, docks, rafts, stationary boats etc. Their safe passage law has nothing to do with two moving boats, who can legally pass as close as they want, as long as they are traveling under 45MPH. So you are right, because you were moored, you were technically a stationary boat. Had you been in the process of rowing your boat to your mooring, the other boater could have come as close to you as he wanted, certainly far more that you would have been comfortable with, legally.

Here is the link to your original story/post.
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...99&postcount=1

I didn't think legal moorings could be that far out into the lake....
My mooring is 60' off my 50' dock.

Depending at what depth Lakeport has maintained, a boat moored there could easily extend 150' from shore. Prevailing breezes keep it closer.

The incident was in October, at an unusually high water period, in sunny, calm weather, with scant boating activity. (Pardon...my alleged incident).

As to the safe passage, I'd take Lake George's speed limit any day. Winnipesaukee, which allows limitless speed, has a 150-safe-passage law that is ineptly enforced and everywhere violated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordsy

APS...

Have you actually boated on Lake George?
My grandfather, who was a medical doctor and an outdoorman, sold his Lake Sebago camp to enjoy Winnipesaukee's shores.

My father first attended, then was employed by, Camp Wyanoke.

I attended Camp Wyanoke, which gave me a great appreciation for the "Smile of the Great Spirit" that surrounded us.

For me, there's only Lake Winnipesaukee.