View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 08:13 AM   #60
webmaster

Thanked 3,732 Times in 827 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
I see you are open to ice out guesses and we haven't even had ice in, have we?????
There is no official Ice-In but since the Mount could not get to all of its ports right now it is already unofficially Ice-In and Ice-Out could be called if everything opened up. That would mean absolutely no ice blocking any of the Mount's ports.

When the lake clears and Ice-Out is called it is very, very unlikely that ice would reform and block the Mount again. When parts of the lake first skim over it often is broken up by the wind and waves and doesn't freeze again until another calm and cold period. That makes calling an official Ice-In difficult. The Mount's route could be blocked one day and open the next.

The potential problem with the Ice-Out contest is if Ice-Out is declared in February while guesses are still being accepted. If that happened I would probably suspend the contest for this year. I'm not too worried about that happening. Some of the Mount's ports will still have ice at the end of February even if the broads are open.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post: