View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 10:08 AM   #20
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere
First of all the poll on the forum means nothing in terms of any sort of real info. I think we all know that.

So lets see you feel perfectly confident traveling at 146.6 fps? You can close the 150 gap in the blink of an eye. In less than 10 seconds you have traveled .25 miles. You never look anywhere but straight ahead expect maybe when you are checking your speed, talking to the person behind you or whatever. You superhuman eye sight allows to see anything in the water. Hmmmm you are an amazing human.

I have in early spring hit a variety of junk in the lake. Traveling as slow as 30 MPH and looking for debris I can still come on it too fast to avoid. Not a doubt in my mind that at 3X plus that speed you can see a swimmer in the water. Get real. Oh and I know those boats that flipped where taking low speed turns oh but wait the must not have upgraded to your steering system.

You must be the reincarnation of Baja Boob the man who could handle it all.
What a load of crap. Have I ever stated that I travel the lake at 90mph (3x your 30mph debris run) nonetheless the 100mph in your fps calculation??? Maybe you have confused my post with Overlookers discussing steering systems and 100mph. Its not me, get it straight and direct it where it should go. My vision is just fine thanks, Zyoptix does wonders...We probably all have had some close call with debris but how many incidents on this lake has involved a swimmer being hit? Any data on that? And quite frankly if you feel that even at 45mph or 30mph you are not capable of handling your boat you should downsize. Try a canoe, I hear that the canoeing is wonderful here...Just keep an eye on the weather!

While we are at it I am still waiting for the accident data...Prove me wrong instead of taking pathetic, cheap shots...

I have 4 boats on the lake, 3 of which can do over 45mph but none of which will break 55mph. None of thru-hull exhaust and none of which are GFBL's. All are family boats, a sport cruiser, a fishing boat, a small bowrider and a pontoon. Does this fleet qualify me to be Baja Bob?

As far as the poll goes, maybe some light can be shed on the so-called fixing. Yep, some IDIOT claimed yo have tried to double vote yet someone else has posted that they tried to double vote using a few methods as a test and it did not work. Maybe Don should take out any votes for members that have joined since the poll was started and see how the data changes. This might clear the air on deceipt once and for all. And heck, if it is possible how many supporters actually did this as well and just simply were not stupid enough to post what they did?