Thread: 50%?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 07:49 PM   #11
kawishiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Shortstop --

Great way to go to the "source" ..... even so, I think that particular area is one of "subjective" judgment by the individual MP watching. One may say it's fine, the next your debating a ticket.

The real point was that kawishiwi was in a smal 17' boat and there was a basic 50 - 50 split of skippers with just a plane lack of common courtesy for a smaller boat that cannot deviate course (due to the markers).

Interesting responses so far! Some additional detail...the smallest boat I encountered was the only boat I met in the 6 pack and it came off plane. It was one with the wheelhouse cabin. In fact the two that didnt slow were the bigger boats. As a former golfer I judge distances quite well and my 54 yr old arm could have thrown a football into the passing boats. I doubt I could throw 50 yds/150 ft when i was 24 but I could have hit each passing boat. Hmmm...an idea...Ill throw footballs at the rule breakers and when they complain I hit them with a football the MP will have to ticket them since, by definition, they were within 150ft
kawishiwi is offline   Reply With Quote