View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 02:24 PM   #8
VitaBene

Thanked 1,609 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN View Post

STAY ON THE TRAIL or STAY HOME!
When this sign was first introduce it seemed a little harsh when read the first time seeing out on the Trails. But then after a little thought it was RIGHT TO THE POINT!

In twenty plus years of riding in Moultonboro this is the FIRST time I have seen this one. This morning as I was going up past the TREE FARM and looking to the left side of the Neck Road and could not believe my eyes. There in the Marsh were the tracks of a snowmobile.

I think there is a need for some Edyoucation in these instances. I prefer the LUVSLGR method myself.

If you knew of the number of re-routes the Club has had to make in the past 20 years for both the BAD HABITS of OTHERS and Home building you would wonder how we have kept the Trail System still open. We are running out alternative ways to keep the trails connected.
It is clear that at this point in the season, people are getting bored and riding wherever they please. I see a lot from the vantage point of the groomer's seat.

I was thinking yesterday that maybe we need to put three sets of signs up the further you venture from the trail... "please stay on trail" "stay on trail or stay home", and "you are an A$$"

To Winnocturn's point, we are at our LAST trail in many cases, no reroutes are left or available. Funny, the kid that asked me on FB 3x when the trails were going to open earlier this year decided to ride off trail. He was visited by Fish and Game- had to go apologize and will be raking and reseeding the landowner's property.

We had 2 cars on trails this past Friday, one a half mile in. It was supposedly a mistake but I turned that one over to Fish and Game as well after wasting 4 hours Friday (when I was supposed to be writing a report for a client) dragging them out with our Sno-Cat

For someone who hardly snowmobiles, I often wonder why I bother!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote