Thread: FairPoint
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 09:39 AM   #12
ericnh

Default Customer service at Fairpoint - very funny

I felt bad for Fairpoint, can't understand how NH govt allowed Verizon to dump its Nh, Me and Vt business on a company that is clueless and immediately went into a financial tailspin.... and bankruptcy protection. Anyhow, they are the most incompetent and out of touch service company I have ever worked with. They didn't call to let me know that they were not going to show up for an appointment that I drove up to our lake place for... Waited around all afternoon and no show. When I called at the end of the day.. They said " we were going to call you and tell you are tech can't make it". When they did show up the next week the tech said "I can't run a wire from the utility pole to your house in the dedicated telephone conduit.... you have to get an electrician to do it". I went to Home Depot and got a $19 snake kit and did it myself in 10 minutes. They spent 30 minutes driving to my house, 30 minutes driving back because they couldn't do a simple cable pull-thru? Who runs a business like that? Anyhow, I decided to cancel the 3rd attempt from Fairpoint in favor of a company that has a measure of customer service... happily with Metrocast.
ericnh is offline   Reply With Quote