View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #34
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Yes, there are a few. Bizer has them pretty well covered here...http://www.bizer.com/w2launch.htm

Honestly, for what it costs to boat these days between the boat itself, fuel, upkeep, insurance, etc, etc, the launching fee shouldn't be a deal breaker especially if convenient to ones home or route to the lake.

As an fyi all the ramps you noted above except for center Harbor I believe are free, not certain though...

Dan
If there is a dock attendant at Meredith than there is a fee, not sure how much.

$20 launch fee is a steal. I like to launch at one of the private marinas on the lake for $20. Most have ample parking and you can take out whenever you feel like taking out the boat.

The public ramps have parking but not nearby, and I have on occasion launch a boat and find out there is no place to park. You need a sticker ot guest pass to park at Glendale, so even if you launch your boat before the attendant(s) are there, you need a place to park.

WAM is a steal. For $20 I can leave the tow vehicle and trailer there for a few days until I am finish with the boat.