View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 07:21 AM   #19
Webbsatwinni

I have mentioned it a few times, in my little world, we have friends that would vacation with us on the lake for 2-3 weeks a year and when we bought in 06 they were always there or renting nearby. Post 2008/9 they no longer want to boat here and go elsewhere. They now rent in other areas, spend disposable funds in other areas etc. I too find myself now going with them at times and spending less of my money around the lake.

These aren't people with 90mph boats, they have family boats that do go fast and are a bit loud and they are worried that is they come play, they will get hassled.

There are weather and economical issues that are contributors but there is a link to the restrictions as well. I am not a local business owner so I have no knowledge to comment directly, but its easy to get a table, slip of town dock space anywhere now and that can't be a good indication.

Now we need to regulate fisherman (or women), we saw 3 accidents at slow speed in front of the house last week, alcohol was clearly involved, and it didn't look like they were spending a lot of money at the lake ;-)
Webbsatwinni is offline   Reply With Quote