View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #14
Mink Islander

Default Life's an adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
In all honesty, it sounds like both you and your wife are working and you have 2 young children, that in mind I would personally put off the island living for a while if you want to give it a try. It is alot of work and a discipline compared to your current lifestyle. While it does offer more privacy it comes at a cost. Arriving in the dark on Thursday or Friday nights in pouring cold rain with a chop on the lake is not going to be too appealing with young kids in tow I wouldnt think. Just saying.......
My kids grew up in the summers on Mink Island and yes we have made the 4 mile ride from Shep's to the island in all kinds of weather, night and day on a lot of Friday nights during the school year. Bad weather just means a slower or delayed ride while you wait out the thunderstorm. A decent boat, a cautious approach, and knowledge of the lake is all you need.

That little bit of isolation from the "real world" is worth a lot IMO and the true family time together you will never forget. When your family is young is the BEST time to enjoy the unique experience of island living.
Mink Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mink Islander For This Useful Post: