View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 10:29 AM   #48
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenM View Post
Yes, everyone......I joined just to respond on this thread!

I worked for two years at Onions Pub and Restaurant, located in the Tilton Inn. Even during the previous ownership, many had said the building was haunted. There are Ghost Hunter episodes on YouTube, and there have been many investigations at the Inn.

The locals claim a young girl that perished in a fire occupies the property. Local lore suggests that Laura shows signs to protect others. This explanation could support one of the four experiences that I had at the Inn.

Only a few weeks into my employment, while working at the bar I had four "gentlemen" customers, who were attending a conference in the area. They were becoming increasingly rude, eventually asking if I would deliver drinks to their hotel rooms. Suddenly, directly in front of the most obnoxious one, a red wine glass ran along the glass rack rails and crashed to the floor. First, the glass rack was very solid, and could not be disturbed with vibration. Second, the glass had to travel over one foot horizontally before dropping, to avoid the sink and speed rail below. The incident shocked the men, who immediately paid their tab and left.

There were other instances, including seeing a very old, very thin man near the entrance to the bar, who disappeared after I turned a corner. I had always been one who "felt" a presence, and possibly being open to a belief provides the opportunity to experience an event. Just some food for thought!

Let me just note that I never felt uncomfortable at the property, even when I locked up with no one else in the building.

Great stories from everyone....I hope you enjoy mine!
My husband and I stayed at the inn one Halloween weekend. We were hoping we would feel a presence of some kind, but unfortunately nothing happen. I also worked at the Corner House Inn in Sandwich. A man named Clarence died there many many years ago. One time I put the wine tap on and when I looked back it was shut off ( nobody else was around). Everyone said it was probably Clarence. Another time the owner was varnishing a floor. He was the only one one in the building. He left for lunch. When he came back the floor was covered with material ( like specks of cotton). He felt that Clarence had likely caused the problem. There is no denying- things can happen without explanation
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote