View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
camp guy

Default Bathroom remodel

I had a bathroom remodel several years ago, and during the course of the job I realized that even in a relatively small space you need a lot of trades to get the job done. That having been said, I strongly suggest getting a very good carpenter/general contractor who can do the carpentry work necessary, and coordinate and oversee the specialty work being done, i. e., plumbing, electric, flooring, painting.

When we had the work done the carpenter was there every day, and many times he had to do little carpenter things to make the other jobs come out right. When you remodel, you just never really know what you are dealing with until you tear into the area, and it certainly is helpful to have the carpenter right there in case the plumber needs a little cut here or there, or the electrician needs a little blocking here or there.

I paid the trades individually, but the carpenter coordinated their schedules so each had the space to work, stayed out of each other's way, but all worked together to get the job done on a timely basis.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote