View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 09:55 AM   #35
Ironfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
I do not want to take a chance by changing our quaint and comfortable restaurant but I do have to address this problem.
Ray, you're being too creative for your own good. Developing an online bidding scheme is going to immediately detract from your "quaint and comfortable" ambiance. You may please a few "high bidder's", on a few peak days, but you will assuredly irritate people who didn't even get a chance to try a meal. Irritating people BEFORE they get to your business is not a good thing.

When I go to your restaurant, I like the eclectic menu. It's good food. I like to be told about the food, as your servers do so well. From day one, I've always thought your business might be a challenge, given the limited space, but I can tell you I'm impressed with the menu.

Technology is not going to make your restaurant successful. It's the people, and the food, that make you successful. Your customers don't want to order off Ipads, they don't want a drive through, and they don't want to participate in an "Ebay for T24".

Obviously, you have a space problem during peak periods. If the peak periods occur often enough, maybe you can expand the building. I have no idea if the capital cost of an expansion would be offset by the increased revenues. You'd have to way the risk/reward based upon your own knowledge of your finances.

That said, I'd bet any amount of money that a "bidding system" will have a cash flow negative impact on your current annual revenues. You WILL alienate current and future customers, and that has the potential to be catastrophic in the long run.

My 2 cents. I hope to hear you've abandoned the idea, and I hope to join you again for the great food. (I'll come when you're slow, as has happened every other time I've visited .... so I won't need my computer!)
Ironfish is offline   Reply With Quote