Thread: Overnight?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 05:10 PM   #44
garysanfran

Default Little old man trespassing on Stonedam...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Anarchy? Ok, I guess overnight anchoring and dog poop are the hallmarks of the fall of western civilization Newsflash, people break laws, especially annoying laws with relatively minor fines. Ever been on a highway?

It's clearly illegal but I'm sure people take a chance.

At our old marina, one night a couple of boats didn't come back. They were very nervous and hush, hush about it but finally admitted they were stuck after dark in place they didn't know well and decided to stay out. They were afraid they were going to get a ticket even the next day.

One day we anchored late morning near Stonedam and a little boat was anchored at the dock. A skinny older man swam over to our boat and told us great stories about his life and how he spent the last few days moving from island to island. He was a retired teacher and still upset about birth control pills ruining the need for teachers.

Turn on a VHF during a fishing derby, all those fishing boats don't make it back every night.

I never tried it, dealing with the Marine Patrol at 2AM is just not worth the novelty.

Inconsiderate people, I guess like you, ruined Stonedam Island for the Rice family. So you want to encourage more? There are all kinds of people in the world. One chooses how to conduct themselves with many decisions, every day. Some think of others...and some don't!

The Marine Patrol doesn't answer at 2 am. They're sleeping, not working.
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote