Thread: Overnight?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 08:53 PM   #40
sum-r breeze

Default I miss the rumble

[QUOTE=PaugusBayFireFighter;217973]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbsatwinni View Post

I didn't hear or see anything crazy in that video. When I read the video title I expected to see a bunch of boats terrorizing the lake but all I saw was a few boats opened up on a calm rainy day with the lake to themselves. I don't get it. I did like the low hum of the engines as it brought me back to the sounds of summer. The boats opening up into Paugus after leaving the canal are MUCH louder than that. I welcome those sounds as they are very infrequent and part of living water front on a big lake.
Boy would I love to hear some boats right about now!
We had a 28' Powerquest before the "Breeze" with a 502 Mag in it and Corsa muffled thru hull exhaust. I loved the sound of that big block chevy....but...I always thought the old law was a little stupid. I wanted to put "captain's call"(a feature that would send the exhaust noise through the prop and under water)
in the boat but was told it was illegal to have ANY type of switchable exhaust. We would come idling into the marina after 11:00pm and wake up the whole dock. I would have LOVED to come in quiet and un announced. We knew people who were out on the water over night and had their boat tucked into a cove to avoid detection from MP. We were never so daring.

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back
sum-r breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sum-r breeze For This Useful Post: