View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #9
NH_boater

There are parts of the country where the ramps are 100% concrete and power loading is not a problem. That is why there is a big sign saying 'no power loading'. It used to be a $100 fine under the Downings.

I do not glide onto the trailer. I tie up, trailer backs down, walk the boat onto the trailer with a line on the stern and bow, cinch up and wife drives the boat up the ramp and away from ramp. I take less time, due to practice I am sure, than most boaters, even many of those that powerload. Floating in on can be very quick and easy, and does not destroy the ramp for all others.

I have seen numerous bass boats powerload. Two men on board, idle up to dock and one hops out, boat driver backs out slightly and waits, other man backs down the ramp, boater powers on and truck driver pulls forward with the boater still in the boat. This is fast, for sure, but ruins the ramp for others as well as their next trip back. PLEASE understand that I am not blaming this on bass boats only. I fish too. It is just something I have seen numerous times. I see bowriders and cuddy's power load too.
NH_boater is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NH_boater For This Useful Post: